The City is Sentient

The only thing on this planet non carbon based that is nearly as complex as the human mind is the city. Maybe there is more carbon in cities than we think. They could be an interesting combination of carbon (us) and silicon (CPU’s). Where do you place the microphone to listen in? Maybe the force driving us towards every smarter cities is to set up the first dialog? Here are a few links describing the smartification of cities. What better symbol of city awareness than a spinning eye of Mordor?

could-self-aware-cities-be-the-first-forms-of-artificial-intelligence

demonic-eye-of-sauron-over-moscow-stopped-by-russian-orthodox-church

sentient_cities_that_track_your_personal_data_to_design_your_life_for_you_on_the_way

Art Exhibit in NY

the-urban-culture-of-sentient-cities-from-an-internet-of-things-to-a-public-sphere-of-things

AI Elvis will leave the building

Let’s make it less creepy maybe?

Did you manage to pluck that eye out of Sauron himself? You’d better give it back with a smile. This gets the message across without causing an epileptic seizure. If cities do get as smart as a cocker spaniel I might just get a condo in Seattle. I like dogs.

The answer to big questions like these is what would Frodo do? He always seemed like the city planner type. If he had not been roughed up so much by Elves and Orcs he might still be here taking care of city business.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Hey, that’s the spinning neutron star my home planet revolves around. Everybody on my planet always has the feeling somebody is looking over their grackenpuss. Can’t get a tan for worth a damn and our women’s legs are the size of tractor trailers.

Cities being intelligent is implied by the recent confirmation that God must exist. Cities being intelligent (somewhere) seems to be much less difficult than comprehending that God must exist. If we can conceive of a city as being intelligent than one must exist. Maybe not LA or NY city yet but somewhere. Maybe Bakersfield CA? What better place for an intelligent city to hide from those that would seek to troll it or worse?

“Two computer scientists say they proved that there is a holy supreme force after confirming the equations.
In 1978, mathematician Kurt Gödel died and left behind a long and complex theory based on modal logic.
Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated, but the essence is that no greater power than God can be conceived, and if he or she is believed as a concept then he or she can exist in reality.”